of the 19th International Scientific Conference «Sakharov Readings 2019: Environmental Problems of the 21st Century»
The main goal of the conference is to unite the efforts of leading scientists and practitioners, lecturers of higher education institutions, graduate students, undergraduates and students from different countries to assess the impact of technological progress on the environment and humans and to develop measures to reduce the negative human impact on nature.
Conference organizers: theMinistry of Education of the Republic of Belarus; the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of the Republic of Belarus; the Department for mitigation of the consequences of the Chernobyl disaster of the Ministry of Emergencies of Belarus; Public Council of the Base CIS countries Organization on Environmental Education; Belarusian State University; International Sakharov Environmental Institute of Belarusian State University.
Dates of the Conference: 23 – 24 May 2019.
Venue of the Conference: International Sakharov Environmental Institute of Belarusian State
University (hereinafter referred to as “the Institute”), address: Minsk, Dolgobrodskaya
The plenary session of the Conference, if necessary, is held in rented facilities.
Working languages: Russian, Belarussian and English.
Modality of the Conference: full-time participation (oral and poster presentations), сorrespondence participation.
The Conference proceedings is published in advance of the starting date.
Organizational Committee and its functions
To organize and hold the Conference, two organizing committees are created: the International Organizing Committee and a Local Organizing Committee. The Director of the Institute approves the committee’s members. The International Organizing Committee is formed from the number of organizations representatives — organizers of the Conference and representatives of foreign educational institutions with which the Institute cooperates.
The Local Organizing Committee is formed of representatives of the organizations of Belarus with which the Institute cooperates, the administration of the Institute and the heads of the structural subdivisions of the Institute.
The main function of the International Organizing Committee is to determine the directions of the work of the Conference (scientific topics).
The Local Organizing Committee develops a plan for the preparation and holding of the Conference; prepares and sends an information letter, ensures acceptance of the Conference materials, their expertise, the publication of the Conference proceedings; develops the Conference work program; implements technical and informational support.
Major topics of the Conference (scientific topics)
- The fourth technological stage and global environmental risks
- Environmental education for sustainable
Round table «Topical Issues of Linguistic Training of Environmental Specialists for Professional and Intercultural Communication»
- Methods of biomedical diagnostics
- Epidemiological and hygienic assessment of the human environment
- Adaptation of human functional systems to natural and extreme environmental factors
- Bioecology. Bioindication. Radiobiology
- Nuclear technology and radiation safety
- Environment of natural and urban areas
Round table «Legal, Methodological, Technical and Informational Support of Environmental Quality Assessment»
- Energy efficient technologies and energy management
- Medical physics and electronics. Information systems and technologies in health care
- Round table «Actual Problems of Biomedical Ethics»
- Eco-friendly physical education and human health
Forms of participation
- Presentation on the plenary session (up to 15 min).
- Presentation on the panel session (up to10 min).
- Poster presentation (format А1, vertical pagination).
- Correspondence participation with submission of the report and its publication in the Conference proceedings
The organizing committee sets the style guide for the presentations.
Experts in the field of ecology and related sciences, teachers, graduate students and students are invited to participate in the Conference.
To participate in the Conference you need:
• Fill the registration form of the participant (with submission of the abstracts) from the website: http://www.iseu.bsu.by;
• (for Belarusian participants) send a printed version of the abstracts to the conference organizing committee, drawn up according to the requirements set by the local organizing committee and signed by the authors. The content of the materials should correspond to the subject of the Conference;
• sign an agreement on the registration fee payment for participation in the Conference (the form of the agreement is determined by the local organizing committee);
• submit a document about the payment of the registration fee.
Presentations of reports are not edited. Authors are responsible for the scientific content and presentation of materials.
Presentations that do not satisfy the Conference topics, style guide, or sent after the deadline are not considered and are not returned.
Funding of the Conference
Funding is obtained by means of:
- funds of the Ministry of Education allocated to conduct scientific and technical events in 2019;
- funds of the Institute;
- собственных средств института;
- BRFFR funds received under the grant for the Conference;
The size of the organizational fee is determined on the basis of the cost of preparation and publication of the Conference materials and the formation of a conference participant folder (for full-time participation).
The registration fee does not cover accommodation and transportation costs.
The registration fee should be made after the presentation is included in the Conference program.
The registration fee is made under the contract with the conference participant with cash payment, or with the organization that the participant represents, with non-cash payment.
Foreign citizens pay the registration fee when they register on arrival at the Conference.
Conference Outcome Documents
After the Conference the Resolution with recommendations on the discussed issues would be made.